Tips in Web Cam Video Conferencing
Technology made it possible for people to engage
video conferencing even without the expensive and complex equipment.
Now, all it takes is a PC, an internet connection and some peripherals
like speakers, microphone and a web camera.
With this possibility, there is a great
be connected to the world without much difficulty. It is just up to
you, dear users, as to how you will utilize this to your advantage.
To further maximize video conferencing on the net,
proper usage and tips must be kept in mind. Here are some of them:
1. Preparation is a must
There are some details about the video conference
which must be determined first like:
- Who among the parties will initiate the
- When the breaks will be so as not to disturb the flow of the
- Who will be the assigned moderator to make sure that the flow is
- Who are the participants, so as to allow introduction?
- What software needed by the participants must be installed?
- Were handouts given so as to jumpstart the conference?
Aside from these things, participants must also
prepared in the conference with their materials and points ready. It
will be a waste of time if you will come in unprepared.
Another point of preparation would be the level of
volume of the individual participant’s microphone. Blasting,
backing and echoing must be avoided for a thorough conferencing.
2. On software
Choose the software that best fits your needs. You
can choose from the following software applications:
- AOL Instant Messenger
- iChat AV
- Microsoft NetMeeting
- MSN Messenger
- Virtual Room Videoconferencing System
- Yahoo Messenger